Florida continues to reopen. However, many people are still spending more time at home. “Our homes have grown to be more essential than ever,” says Ellsworth Buck, V . p . of Insurance, Florida's largest independent homeowners insurance agency.
Our homes have transformed, becoming classrooms, offices, gyms, entertainment centers and hospital rooms. In this challenging time, we're seeking to our homes to bring us a feeling of peace, as well as comfort and joy. But all that time in your house may have you feeling bored and uninspired.
Below are ways to make your house look and feel fresh, without spending much money or hiring a handyman.
- Paint your front door
- Replace your porch light
- Paint the outside trim and shutters
- Buy a birdfeeder
- Install or change your door kick plate.
“A kick plate will extend the life of the door,” says Ellsworth Buck, Vice President of Insurance, Florida's top independent home insurance agency.
- Add home numbers
- Put in solar-powered pathway lights
- Place a fall wreath in your front door
- Get a porch swing or an outdoor chair
- Spruce up an area with container plants
- Conquer the clutter
In an article by Psychology Today, they report decluttering makes people feel less scattered and reduces anxiety.
- Give new life for your sofa having a slipcover
- Update cabinet hardware in the kitchen area or bathroom
- Install new door handles
- Rearrange furniture
- Deep clean
- Add a home plant or flowers
According to some study done by NASA, plants eliminate toxins from indoor spaces, reoxygenating your house.
- Purchase a new blanket or throw pillows for that bedroom or living room
- Hang an image that makes you happy
- Buy a rug
- Create a warm glow with candles, lanterns or string lights
Your home is your sanctuary. Protect it from punctures along with your belongings with home insurance from Insurance. Contact us today.